Co-funded by the European Commission, The Professionals Online Safety Helpline (POSH) was set up in 2011 to help all members of the community working with or for children in the UK, with any online safety issues they, or children and young people in their care, may face. We've put together this useful media pack to assist you with spreading the word about the Professionals Online Safety Helpline on social media and through your respective networks.
Download the Professionals Online Safety Helpline 2021 Report
The Professionals Online Safety Helpline has released analysis of 2020-2021 data exploring the problems professionals faced in tackling online issues affecting young people. Some of the top trends and insights that were found:
- 43% of cases involved problems relating to content posted on social media platforms
- Significant trend of fake online accounts made impersonating teachers and schools often containing abusive comments directed at staff, potentially affecting the reputation of schools and their staff
- The majority of concerns from school settings during lockdown related to the use of online platforms for delivery of lessons and professional/safeguarding risk when using these.
- Media concerns around the perceived prevalence of grooming during lockdown do not correlate with the case data from the helpline; little difference has been seen in cases relating to grooming pre and during the pandemic.
Social Media Content and Graphics
- The @UK_SIChelpline has launched its 2021 report exploring the problems professionals have faced in tackling online issues affecting young people during a global pandemic. Read the full report here: #POSHreport #OnlineSafety #safeguarding
- During 2020, 43% of cases @UK_SIChelpline responded to involved problems relating to content posted on social media platforms. Find out more in their annual report here: #POSHreport #OnlineSafety #safeguarding
- Many schools in 2020/21 contacted @UK_SIChelpline about fake online accounts impersonating staff, often containing targeted abuse, affecting their reputation. Find out more about this and other issues raised in this year’s annual report here:
- The majority of calls made to the @UK_SIChelpline in 2020 related to the delivery of school lessons on online platforms during lockdown and associated professional/safeguarding risks of remote learning #POSHreport #OnlineSafety #safeguarding read more here: