Image Based Abuse Model Policies - Common policy alignment and adoption recognising Image Based Abuse as unacceptable
- The industry can identify and mitigate the impact of IIA on their users and identify opportunities to support the advancement of victims' rights.
- Industry should appoint an individual or team responsible for IIA, including development of IIA policy and reporting and takedown procedures. Where possible, these should be in line with global best practice examples. The team should also be responsible for identifying attributes, behaviours, and features of IIA to reduce its spread through their industry.
- Those responsible for IIA should participate in internal and external engagement activities with key stakeholders, including victims and victim support.
- Industry should have a reporting interface and make use of a moderation team responding to reports.
Country Specific Examples
Image Based Abuse Model Policies - Common Policy Alignment and Adoption
- Develop and research a system for receiving reports and detecting, informing, and taking down known instances of IIA online.
- Collaborate with the government, law enforcement, and civil society to identify and remove IIA content, and make public reports available for review.
- Advocate for changes to national regulations when needed to protect victims and align with international best practices.
- Conduct an initial audit of existing processes and adopt effective practices from other sectors.
- Respond to requests from other organisations such as police and third sector and provide high-level information in response.
Innovation - development and implementation of innovative solutions that identify, remove and prevent image-based abuse
- Researching, sharing and advising on new technological solutions and strategies to combat IIA.
- Industry advises on best practice technological solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders with the intention of benefiting victims of IIA. Industry partners provide access to appropriate information to improve transparency and reporting on IIA. Industry regularly contributes to scientific research, knowledge and understanding into IIA. Agility and innovation in responding to IIA is encouraged and supported by industry.
Country Sepecific Examples
Corporate Social Responsibility - Effective Image-Based Abuse focused program
- Implementing, supporting, and developing new and recognised, active awareness-raising programs for prevention and education of IIA to the public.
- Supporting and advising on the implementation of the national IIA (IIA) declaration.
- Industry takes an active role in awareness and education programs, develops online content to educate users and financially supports regional and national awareness-raising campaigns about IIA. Industry ensures that victims and victim support organisations know how to report IIA and provides support for such reporting.
- Organise, implement, and promote an annual national awareness day that focuses on victim support, reporting routines, legislation and policy related to IIA.
- Engage and partner with third sector organisations to develop expertise and effectiveness in this area.
- Commit to the declaration on public-facing communications. Engage and partner with third sector organisations to develop expertise and effectiveness in this area.
Country Specific Examples