Safe and Empowered: Digital Parenting
How can parents keep their children safe and empowered online? This presentation introduces key concepts for parents to consider, and points to resources available to help. If you’re an educator and you’d like to deliver this presentation yourself, contact Jess for the PowerPoint (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Webinar 1: Sexting
- What does the latest research tell us about young people sexting?
- Are current educational messages appropriate?
- What resources are available?
Webinar 2: Gaming
- What is gaming?
- What are the benefits?
- Is gaming addictive?
- What’s the advice for parents?
- What does the future of gaming look like?
Webinar 3: Educational Resources
Checklist to evaluate if your online safety resources are good quality.
Whistle-stop tour of three resources:
- Project Evolve
- Safer Internet Day 2020
Webinar 4: Being Me Online
How can educators manage their social media presence? How do you separate personal and professional life online? What can you do when that old tweet comes back to haunt you?