We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting Online Safety Day once again this year with social media giant Facebook. This event is your chance to catch up on all the latest online safety news!
As well as this, you can hear from leading professionals around new tools, resources and services to help keep children and young people safe online.
We don’t want to give too much away, but we will be announcing what’s in store for this year’s event over the coming weeks. To make sure you can reserve your place as soon as we announce the date, sign up and be the first to hear about when the event goes live!
Last Year's Event
Last year’s Online Safety Day was SWGfL’s largest online event, having hundreds of attendees join us for a full afternoon of in-depth discussion around the state of online safety in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as highlighting what support is available.
The day brought together:
- David Wright (Director of UK Safer Internet Centre & SWGfL)
- Boris Radanovic (SWGfL Engagement and Partnership Manager)
- Will Gardner (Director of UK Safer Internet Centre & CEO of Childnet)
- Carolyn Bunting (CEO of Internet Matters)
- Professor Andy Phippen from Bournemouth University
- Dave Miles (Facebooks Safety Policy Director for Europe)
They discussed new projects, helpful resources and guidance for the new school year. You can find out about last year’s event on the Online Safety Day 2020 page.