Opportunity: Helpline Practitioner
|Reporting To||Harmful Content Manager|
|Salary||£20,250.00 pro rata per annum|
|Contract Type||3 month fixed term, with a view to extend|
|Working Hours||Full time, Monday to Friday|
* Please note we will only keep your details on record for up to one year
* No agencies please
The post holder will be responsible for responding to reports made via the Report Harmful Content (RHC) platform, supporting members of the public across the UK with online safety issues. The role will involve responding to clients, offering advice and support that will help to resolve the underlying issue. The practitioner appointed will spend time searching for content and reporting this to industry platforms for removal. There will be an element of exposure to harmful content in the role. Appropriate support and clinical supervision will be offered to staff to help deal with this.
Responses will be written. It is anticipated that in order to help the clients, liaison with a range of external organisations and stakeholders will be required, such as service providers, professional associations and unions, in particular with internet industry and the police.
On occasion, the post holder will provide cover for the Professionals Online Safety Helpline (POSH), supporting professionals working with children with online safety issues, which will include verbal responses at times.
- Substantial Leave Allowance progressing to 25 days in second year of service and 30 in third year of service, plus bank holidays
- Pension with generous contributions from SWGfL
- Medical Healthcare benefits including dental, optical, chiropody and therapy treatments including physiotherapy, plus many more Health and Wellbeing services
- Online Employee discount platform; saving you money on everything from groceries to holidays, fashion and electronics
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Benefits for you and your family including enhanced family friendly policies and annual flu jab, voluntarily available for all staff
- Bi-annual Company Team Days.